Sunday, July 8, 2012

Student perspective

7/6/2012 Hi everyone! I am one of the Landscape Architecture students working on the project for these short five weeks. I wanted to share my thoughts about how the studio is going and how living in Birmingham has been thus far. The first review went really well, it seemed to come so soon but I am sure that is how all the reviews will feel. It was very nice to get to meet some stakeholders and local designers and hear their input. They had some awesome ideas for us, and were very helpful in aiding us in progressing our ideas. Living in Birmingham has been exciting, and more active than I expected. A few of us have joined a rock climbing gym right off the cut, First Avenue Rocks. Some of us have also taken advantage of the free classes offered at Rail Road Park. Birmingham has a lot to offer once you start looking. I can only hope the cut will provide another place for residents and visitors to enjoy the magic city! -Claire Ritchey

No comments:

Post a Comment